Tavistock Country Garden Show is a two day event held over the Early May bank holiday weekend. Next year this will be held on Sunday 30th April and Monday 1st May 2023. The event looks to celebrate all things garden related, with a 'grow it - eat it - enjoy it' theme.
Below is a guide to some of the exhibitors and traders who took part in 2022:
Pannier Market Hall Centre - Model Gardens /Plant Stalls
1. Barracott Plants - A range of beautiful plants perfect to enhance the more shady aspects of your garden.
2022 Garden Show Winner! Barracott Plants display themed on a 'Woodland Setting' received the Mayor's Choice Award.
2. MR Fox's Garden - A display of handmade plant supports and garden art in situ amongst a display of beautiful plants.
3. Dot~Teas - Afternoon tea on the market garden, served in vintage china.
4. Moorview Nursery - Bedding, perennials, shrubs & vegetable plants.
5. Heron House Interiors - Vintage garden items and plants.
2022 Garden Show Winner! Heron House Interiors display featuring 'The Bird Garden' received the People's Choice Award.
5A. Treseders Nursery - Assorted shrubs & perennials, many exotic and unusual.
Pannier Market Hall Centre - Plant and Gardenalia Stalls
6. Lillian’s Crafts
7. Combley Plants - Established in 2003, they grow a varied range of competitively priced plants, mainly perennials, ornamental grasses, and shrubs.
8. Coastal Hedging - A Family run business offering a wide range of different plants, many of which are suited to coastal conditions.
9. Gardenalia - Collectable items relating to gardens and gardening.
10. Potting Shed Ceramics - Handmade ceramics for the garden and home.
11. Cactus Shop - Cacti and other succulent plants.
12. Sian King - Vintage garden ornaments.
13. Wendy Hicks Plants - A celebration of hardy, colourful perennials, and wonderfully stunning clematis.
1. Anna Platts Homewares - A Devon based illustrator and designer who has turned her designs into a range of homewares which include kitchen textiles, lampshades and cushions.
2. Bosorne Leatherwork - Handmade English Leatherwork traditionally hand stitched in my workshop above the Tamar Valley in Cornwall.
3. Banlon - YT Gifts.
4. Cankan Crafts - A glass and textiles artist based in St. Austell who makes wearable art by hand felting merino wool and silk into one of a kind scarves, hats, gloves and other items.
5. Essence of Art.
6.Hobbs Chocolates - Specialist chocolatiers based in Plymouth providing the finest quality chocolates, handmade with love, care and attention.
7. Hedgerow Pantry - Preserves,jams, jellies,chutneys,fruit infused vinegars, boozy jams.
9. Touch Wood.
10. Kings Orchard Produce - Producers of cornish honey and wax polishes sold individually or in sets, form our own bees in cornish apiaries.
11. Leyford Studio - A glass artist specialising in bespoke usable glassware.
12. Luminosity Art - Working from my studio in South Devon, I love to create unique pieces of art, looking at different ways to present my work, sometimes incorporating light, giving them a different feel both day and night.
13. Latitude 50 Landscapes - A North Devon based business offering plant friendly prints, cards & gifts.
14. Little Box of Love - Gift boxes with artisan products and no single use plastic. Treat yourself or a loved one whilst being kind to the planet.
15. Olive Branch Gifts.
16. Roland Stanley.
17. Shore & Silver Jewellery - Handmade ethical and sustainable jewellery inspired by nature.
18. Su Handmade Jewellery - Handmade jewellery from semi-precious beads and sterling silver.
19. Spencer & Berry - Blended Rapeseed and Soy wax candles. Hand poured in Cornwall.
20. Sewn by Sue.
21. Spangled Treasures - Arts and crafts.
22. William Newman Mosaics - Creates highly desirable and bespoke mosaics made from materials including glass, marble and pebble, carefully sourced and selected by the artist.
Pannier Market Exterior
1. Mitch Kingham - Gardenalia.
4 & 5. Endsleigh Gardens Nursery - A traditional grower of garden plants supplying both Devon and Cornwall, specialising in grafting and growing trees and shrubs.
6. P.W. Antiques - Handmade garden metalwork and sculptures.
7 & 8. Lynn's Willows - All things 'Willow' to create beautiful pieces for garden and home.
9. 2nd Chance House & Garden - Beautiful handcrafted products for the House & Garden made entirely from re-claimed wood and other quirky items otherwise destined for landfill.
10. Essence of Hartland - Home fragrances made with essential oils.
11. The Devon Cottage Gardener - supplying sustainably grown, seasonal, exquisite, cut and dried cottage garden flowers and grasses from my Cottage, Cutting and Prairie Gardens.
12. Dolton Designs - A range of handcrafted plant supports, trellis and garden sculpture inspired by Devon life and it’s nature.
1 & 2. Raffety's Vintage - Vintage galvanised items and general garden hardware and pieces.
3. Devon Wildlife Trust - Information Stand.
4. Tavistock Sensory Garden - Cards and small garden-themed novelty items. A registered Charity formed originally by Tavistock Town Council, Tavistock Lions Club, Tavistock Rotary Club, Roots to Transition & Tavistock Dementia Action Alliance.
5. Tavistock Beekeepers - Registered Charity Information Stand.
6. Elm Wildlife Hedgehog Rescue & Rehabilitation - ELM Wildlife is a non-profit organisation and the largest hedgehog rescue centre in Devon.
7. Plant Crèche - Drop off your plants in a safe and secure area at the Show and collect them at the end of your visit.
8. Transition Tavistock - Community Group that seeks to bring our community together by sharing knowledge and practical ideas to use less energy and resources, grow more of our own food, and, supply and buy more locally.
9 & 10. Tavi Togs - Hats & country wear.
11. Meadow in my Garden - Stunning seed mixes to transform your outdoor spaces and benefit the natural environment.
12. Tavistock Community Gardens - Registered Charity Information Stand.
13. Monarch Liqueurs - Award winning vodka, gin, whisky and rum liqueurs, handcrafted in Cornwall.
14. Tavistock Flowers -
Guildhall Car Park
- Black Sheep Brew - Cafe
- Dartmoor Deli - The Dartmoor Deli is a showcase for the very best, small batch, ethically made and lovingly prepared goods from as close to Tavistock and Dartmoor as possible.
- Eversfield Organic - BBQ
- Fillies & Fizz - Gin & Prosecco bar
- Jenny's Funtime Faces - Professional face painting and glitter tattoos
- Mime - Coffee Shop
- Too Hoppy - Craft Beer Bar